God's Path

Lately, I've been reading several things that have renewed my vision of what God wants from me.  It is incredibly easy to get caught up in many 'outside' things; but God's plan is so simple.  I am to be help meet for my husband.  Ok, maybe it's not so simple!  That involves a lot of things, but it makes it easier to remember when to say no.  I might post more on this later.

Comments

  1. That has been a "big" one for me! I use to think( sounds crazy I know) To be a good wife, mother, friend.. meant no boundaries... With being a people pleaser by nature, with God's and my awesome husband... Lets just say I have come along ways! In looking back just the distance I have come on this issue, WOW God is good!! Just now found your blog tonight via fb post... Shania has one too! I need to get to using ours! Thanks for sharing :)

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I highly recommend the book "Created to be His Help Meet" by Debi Pearl. It was very freeing to me. It helped me to realize that my only real job in life is to do what my husband needs me to do. Not always as simple as it sounds, but very freeing! She has some old-fashioned ideas, but they're Biblical.
    Looking forward to seeing your blog again. I found Shania's and have it listed on my watch page.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will check out that book. I think I have read some of it before, been some time ago now.. another great book is called "Boundaries" that along with several Bible Studies I have taken, God has really shown me as you said what my real job is. It is very freeing and carries with it a deep rooted biblical sense of eternal accomplishment. Never in my life would I EVER have imagined that one day, I would have my deepest desire and dream, idea of what "success" really was( the medical field) be replaced, and feel totally and completely in love, satisfied, thrilled, thankful with where God has placed me. God loved me enough to give me what is BEST not just what was good.. A child to God, wife to Steve, mother to three beautiful girls!! was just sharing this with the girls the other day during our "share" time. I'm a work in progress, but Praise God, He is still working on me :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts