Yesterday
Sometimes I miss what used to be. Oh, not so much that I'm pining to go back; it just makes me a little nostalgic at times. Used to be that families grew up close together, married someone from the community (or even if they didn't, they brought them 'home') and lived and worked there all their lives. I think that as a child I thought that was the way our family would be. We had grandparents, aunts, and uncles living in the same town so we almost always had Sunday dinner together and birthday celebrations and just visiting.
I also went to the same school from kindergarten through my first year of college, so had lots of friends and teachers that really knew me. They had nicknames for me, and little inside jokes and teasing, things that went away when I got married and moved to where nobody knew me. I love my friends now; it's just different. There's a whole part of me that no one who is in my life now knows. That's the part I miss sometimes.
But it's a Monday, and I love Mondays! Sunday always seems like the end of the week to me, and Monday is the fresh start. I am so very thankful that I can be a stay-at-home wife and mother. God has given me a great gift in this. So a 'confab' with the girls, then on to the day!
Comments
Post a Comment